Student Funding

Students who are studying with us may be eligible for financial assistance through the Student Finance organisation for some of our courses if they are UK or EU Nationals.  This means that you could receive financial assistance in the form of loans or grants to cover your course costs and living expenses.
Students wishing to study for a Higher National Diploma on a full or part time basis should apply online for financial assistance.

Who will be eligible?
You must be 18 years of age at the start date of your course and:

  • Have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
  • Have ‘settled status’ – which means you must be settled in the UK within the meaning of  the Immigration Act of 1997
  • Citizen of the EU
  • Family member of European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss migrant worker, frontier worker or self-employed person

In addition to the student loans available to cover course fees and living costs from Student Finance, full time students may also apply for a maintenance grant.  Maintenance grants are not repayable and are available to help with living and studying costs. In order to receive this grant, you must be an English home student and disclose information about your household income and course start date.  Accepting a maintenance grant will reduce the value of the maintenance loan you are entitled to receive.

For more information on how to apply for funding through the Student Finance system, please visit