HND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
The Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (HND) is a vocational course. This means that not only do you learn the theoretical aspects but it also provides you with ability to relate this to the real world of work. Evaluating the application of these theories and concepts puts you at an advantage of being a strategic thinker and proactive manager in turbulent economic times.
You wonâ€™t have to write any exams during your HND; instead you will focus on gaining practical, applicable skills through real-world case studies and group and individual assignments. You will develop the leadership, operational and administration skills you need for a truly successful career in hospitality.
This course is accredited by Edexcel.
This course covers general hospitality management units.
You will study 16 modules over a period of 2 years (full time) or 3 years (part time), before undertaking a research project, which will draw together everything you have learnt.
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- The Developing Manager
- Customer Service
- Rooms Division Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Management Accounting for Hospitality
- Industry Experience
- Food and Society
- Conference and Banqueting Management
- Facilities Operations
- Financial Management
- Information management and Technology
- Research Project
Assessment of BTEC Higher Nationals is by assignment, typically one or two assignments per unit. These assignments will vary and include a mix of formal reports, presentations and practical tasks, but there will be no formal exams.
All units will be individually graded as â€˜passâ€™, â€˜meritâ€™ or â€˜distinctionâ€™Â To achieve a full qualification you must pass all 8 units to achieve the higher certificate and all 16 units to achieve the higher diploma.
This qualification is available to anyone aged 18 and above and is capable of reaching the required standards. Students need to demonstrate their ability through qualifications and/or experience which may be one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification/ Intermediate (Higher Secondary Certificate) or
- A GCE Advanced Level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject.Â This profile is likelyto be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C or
- Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution or
- Related work experience and
- Level B2 or above or IELTS 5.5 or above
- Mature learners may demonstrate extensive work experience (paid and/or unpaid) and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Method of Study
Its includes, for example, lectures, seminars, tutorials, presentations, group discussions, and case study analyses
Duration of the course
January, May & September
You may be eligible for financial support through Student Finance England (SFE). Please visit:
or call on 0300 100 0607 for information on your eligibility.